Sunday, July 25, 2010
Were Not in Kansas Anymore!
On our way from CO to MO we drove across the entire state of Kansas, here is what I learned:
You can see a storm coming from 100 miles away.
Kansas is not entirely flat, it does have occasional hills. I believe they are called rolling hills.
There is a lot of corn and cows. We saw brown cows, black cows, white cows and red cows.
There were a lot of small towns, most with a worn sign telling the name of the local Catholic church and Sunday mass time. I would have thought it would be Baptists churches with hell fire and brimstone!
There must be oil, I saw those little crane-like oil pumpers that I had only seen in California.
It is home to the Dwight D. Eisenhower Library and Museum.
We didn’t see a single tornado!
It is dang hot and muggy in July!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment