Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our New House!



So, I've been awfully quiet about our house search lately. It was getting a little depressing, because we couldn't afford the houses we would like an the ones that were in our "price range" were too small for our family or needed too much repair work.
Last Thursday, we ventured just outside of Denver to a town called Castle Rock to look at a brand new home (not even built yet!). I was very hesitant an doubtful, but I was won over very quickly. It had everything on our wish list AND was in our price range! I was pretending that we were on the HGTV show House Hunters all this time and we chose the house that had everything we were looking for , but was out of our target area. (If you've ever seen this show, you'll know what I mean.) The picture above is another house that is just like ours being built right now. Ours will be blue, though I really LOVE the red. The other picture is all of our interior design choices.
We are still finalizing loan stuff. We should get the keys Sept. 28th!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am glad you found something - except Castle Rock is the scary place in all the Stephen King books. I think that would freak me out. It's Castle Rock, Maine - but still freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So exciting!
    So... is that your street? Cactus Bloom? I think it's a memento of your time in the desert to have that street name.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Plenty of room for us to come visit!
    BTW are you telling me I should show my buyers houses outside their target area if the price is right!

    ReplyDelete