Thursday, December 2, 2010

How Was Your Day?

"How was your day?"

"What did you do today?"

These seem like simple enough questions. So then, why are they so hard for me to answer?

Its like I only live life in forward motion and have a very hard time looking back. I can tell you all the things we are planning and are looking forward to, but don't ask me what I had for lunch.
Or maybe it's because so many of my days are the same that it is difficult to differentiate.  I wonder if its like when you ask a kid about their day at school and they say, "It was fine."  Too much to repeat, most of it mundane. We did some school today, I made some meals, the dishes are still piled in the sink, I changed diapers, I disciplined children, we ate dinner as a family, Chris and I watched some TV shows online after the kids were in bed. Take two Tylenol PMs and do it again the next day. Not to complain I really do love my life and current occupation, but is it worth repeating when someone asks, "How was your day?"?

I do know that today my friend called to said that she had her 6th baby this morning. I feel so honored to be on her call list.

No comments:

Post a Comment