Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Decorating the Tree

Last Sunday we decorated our Christmas tree. We were going to do it on the 12th, for like a 12 days of Christmas theme, but everyone's decorations in our neighborhood inspired me and I wanted that glowing warm reminder of the season in our house too. Don't you think that there is something warm and comforting about the glow of a Christmas tree?

The past few years, despite having kids that love Christmas, I haven't really been in the spirit. I can't even explain why. Just didn't want to get out the tree or decorate. Ever since relocating to Colorado, I've have loved every holiday and season. Perhaps it is the change in seasons. We are still waiting for an amount of snow that last more that a few hours, in fact it's about 60 degrees today.

Anyway, here's the pics of us decorating our tree this year.

I know I should crop this, but now you can see the snowflakes in all their glory. The camera was on our dining table with the kitchen to the left and our family room in the background.

3 comments:

  1. Love the tree and the snowflakes! Jack and Lucy have been making those too....good times =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last photo...the snowflakes are cute...the kids are adorable! I agree with what a difference it makes living in a city with actual changing seasons to feel the holidays (though no white Christmas for me)... but it used to be in Vegas I'd have to drink a peppermint mocha to know it was Christmas time~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the tree adds a lot. I don't like when it's time to take it down. The house seems drab. I love your house, and I love the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete