Thursday, June 24, 2010

Things I Love About Colorado Springs








We eventually will move to Denver to be closer to Chris' office, but so far I have only experienced Colorado Springs. Here's a list of my favorite parts.
  • It's beautiful! The mountains to the west are green. The streets are tree-lined.
  • Parks everywhere!
  • Lots of trails for gorgeous runs.
  • There are squirrels and robins in the backyard and deer in the field across the street.
  • I can drive for 10 minutes and be in a forest full of pine trees.
  • It may get to 95 degrees on some days, but it cools down into the 50's at night.
  • There's Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, nature preserves, a great zoo and even cliff dwellings about 30 minutes away.
  • Natural food stores, Co-ops, crop share programs, farm fresh eggs, cow share programs.
  • Black Forest Buffalo - Local, grass fed buffalo meat! You can actually drive by and see the buffalo grazing.
  • Thunderstorms!
  • Focus On the Family has a playplace just for kids, it's inside, so great for summer or winter. They even have a 76 foot slide that Emma is addicted to.
  • The drive up to Denver is beautiful too. There are lots of cows and horses (even buffalo) to see along the way.
  • Super Target, need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment