Saturday, October 8, 2011

Living in a Snow Globe

I have already lived through one winter in Colorado, so I am no longer fearful of the unknown. With that said, I also know that anything can happen and each year is different.
Today we woke up to the first snowfall of the season. My son was in his room making lots of noise at 6:50am this morning and I got up to go in there and remind him that he needs to be quiet while other people are still sleeping, but before I left my room I looked outside to see the world all covered with a beautiful blanket of snow. I was so excited that I then hurried into his room to find him gazing out the window as well. We practically ran downstairs to first look out the front window and then to the back.


After a warm and nourishing breakfast of homemade cream of wheat, we dug out the winterwear box from the garage and bundled everyone up. Thank God there snow boots still fit! Even little Clark got to put on his new snowboots (that I scored from a garage sale for a buck) and jacket to go out. But once he was all geared up he just cried, same reaction Ethan had last year. I guess it's really different to be wear such puffy layers when 4 days ago we were all in shorts.



I know what you're all thinking...those are their shoes, nothing fell off.  
Indoor fun with cold weather clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment