Friday, November 12, 2010

Chick Fil A

I have a renewed hope in the fast-food industry.

Chick Fil A

Our homeschool group went on a Kitchen Tour today at our local Chick Fil A.

Did you know that they make their breakfast biscuits from scratch everyday? Also, I saw they fresh, refrigerated chicken being hand-breaded and then cooked. They only keep the freshly cooked chicken out for 20 minutes (which is usually consumed before that, because they are so busy), then they take it to the refrigerator to be later chopped for their chicken salad sandwiches. They also, hand wash and prep their veggies every morning for their salads. It's like if I were to make it at home. So, I feel good about patronizing a "fast food" establishment.

It seems like they are always busy on the inside, but the line goes really fast and they even bring your food to the table. (Which is really helpful when a mother is dining with just her three precious little angels.)

I find it odd that they are no where to be found in Las Vegas or the entire state of Nevada. However, I do remember that when I started at UNLV in 1995 there was a Chick Fil A in the student union. I never went there, beacuse I didn't know what it was and I preferred to stay on my side of campus with all of the other nerds. By the time someone had told me about Chick Fil A and I wanted to try it, it was gone.

Also, I love that they are a christian owned organization, except when they are closed on Sundays and I really just want some spicy chicken! And the peppermint chocolate chip milkshake!

1 comment:

  1. I adore Chick fil A and I miss it like crazy from California. I don't remember the one in the MSU, but I am laughing about you nerds on the other side of campus!

    ReplyDelete